Anti-zombie apocalypse project management guide for the brave and smart survivors of the zombie outbreak. This step by step tutorial will show you how to barricade doors, windows, and other safe havens from hungry ghouls.
Project Zomboid is a survival horror game where you play as one of the last surviving humans in an apocalyptic world. The goal of the game is to survive and stay alive while trying to escape from zombies. In order to barricade doors, windows must be broken or destroyed.
In order to survive the horrors of Project Zomboid, you’ll need to make sure you have a well-fortified base, and that includes knowing how to barricade doors and windows. Zombies will attempt to break into your base at night to get the jump on you while you’re asleep, leaving you with little time to react or defend yourself.
In this Project Zomboid guide, we’ll tell you how to go about barricading your doors and windows to keep zombies from getting inside your base.
In Project Zomboid, how do you barricade your base?
How to Build a Barrier
In Project Zomboid, there are three types of barricades:
Metal and sheet metal have the same strength of 5,000HP, however they need different materials. Per wooden plank, wooden barriers have 1,000 HP. Each of these three roadblocks requires the following materials:
- Wood Barricade: Hammer, two nails, up to four planks.
- Sheet Metal Barricade: Propane torch, welder mask, metal sheet.
- Metal Barricade: Propane torch, welder mask, three metal bars.
To set up a barricade, right-click a door or window and select “Barricade” from the menu that appears, after which you can select what kind of barricade you’d like to create.
Where Can I Find Barricade Materials?
The materials needed to build door and wall barriers may be discovered in numerous locations across Project Zomboid’s vast universe. The following are all of the locations where these exact things may be found:
- Hammer: Hardware stores, in the army base, and in crates and atop metal shelves.
- Nails: Hardware stores, tool sheds, garages, and logging factories. They can also be obtained by dismantling wooden furniture.
- Planks: Warehouse and storage crates, or from dismantling doors. You can also saw logs to create them.
- Propane Torch: Hardware stores, logging factories, sheds or garages, crates, and storage units. You can also occasionally find them in the trunk of a metal welder, in a vehicle that belonged to a construction worker.
- Welder Mask: Can be found in all of the same places as the propane torch, as well as being carried by zombie mechanics.
- Metal Sheet: Hardware stores, logging factories, sheds or garages, on metal shelves or counters, or in crates or bins. It can also spawn in the trunks of metalworkers or construction workers.
- Metal Bar: Like sheet metal, it can be found in the vehicles of metalworkers or construction workers. It can also be found in Hardware stores, logging factories, sheds or garages, crates, and storage units.
As you can see, the hardware shop is an excellent place to begin. Fortunately, hammers, welder masks, and propane torches are not consumed when used, so you won’t have to keep an eye out for more of these. On the other side, you’ll need extra nails, boards, and metal for each barrier you erect.
That’s all you should need to know about how to barricade doors and windows in Project Zomboid. If you’re interested in learning more about this survival game, consider checking out our other guides in our guides hub.
Watch This Video-
Project Zomboid is a game that has zombies and the player. The player’s goal is to barricade doors and windows in order to survive. Reference: project zomboid remove barricade.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you barricade windows in Project Zomboid?
A: To barricade windows in Project Zomboid, you will need a big enough sheet of cardboard or other material that is roughly the same thickness as your window. You then wrap this around any metal object within reach and tape it to secure it. This can also be done with old furniture if available, but sometimes these items may not have doors which would result in having to use metal objects instead.
How do you barricade doors and windows?
A: There is no official way to barricade doors and windows yet, but the following are some ideas.
1) Use a block of wood with nails in it as your barrier on the window or door so that they cannot be seen through.2) Set up a sheet of plywood across one side of the window or door with two hinges at either end for opening and closing access.3) Consider using curtains instead of glass- this will not break if someone tries breaking into your house!4) If you have an existing lock stuck inside your room, use that for extra security
How do you cover a window in Project Zomboid?
A: You can cover a window in Project Zomboid with quite a few different methods. For starters, if you have the materials to build barricades or furniture, then this would be your best bet for windows. If not, you can use bricks and sheets of metal to make makeshift walls that will block out light but not zombies – which are able to break through most other types of construction like sandbags and wood panels (that is why these places tend to attract so many zombies).
- project zomboid how to barricade with metal
- project zomboid barricade inside or outside
- project zomboid can’t barricade
- project zomboid barricade with furniture
- project zomboid barricaded house